The Washington State Library recently contributed another 50,000 historic newspaper pages from nine newspapers to Chronicling America, making Washington State’s contribution to the program a total of 16 titles and 92,000 pages. People can read and research issues from these and other newspapers around the U.S. for free at chroniclingamerica.loc.gov.
- Cayton’s Weekly, 1917-1921
- Colfax Gazette, 1900-1912
- Colville Examiner, 1907-1922
- Commonwealth (Everett), 1911-1914
- Daily Republican (Seattle), 1896
- Leavenworth Echo, 1904-1922
- Pullman Herald, 1888-1922
- The Ranch (Yakima), 1894
- The Ranch (Seattle), 1902-1914
- Ranche and Range (Yakima), 1897-1902
- The Republican (Seattle), 1896-1898
- San Juan Islander, 1899-1914
- Seattle Republican, 1900-1913
- Tacoma Times, 1903-1918
- Washington Farmer (Spokane), June 15, 1914
- Yakima Herald, 1893-1912
Chronicling America provides free and open access to more than 2.3 million full-text searchable pages from 295 titles published between 1860 and 1922 in 19 states and the District of Columbia. The Washington State Library’s National Digital Newspaper Program (NDNP) grant was recently renewed through June of 2012, allowing more pages from other newspapers around Washington State to be uploaded over the next two years.
For more information about Chronicling America, contact Laura Robinson, project manager for Washington’s National Digital Newspaper Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 570-5568.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.