Congratulations to the latest group of Washington libraries and museums receiving 2013-2014 LSTA grant awards through the Washington Rural Heritage initiative!
- Ellensburg Public Library.
- Orcas Island Public Library, in partnership with the Orcas Island Historical Museum.
- Port Angeles Public Library (North Olympic Library System).
- Sedro-Woolley Public Library, in partnership with the Clear Lake Community Historical Association.
- Sunnyside Library (Yakima Valley Libraries), in partnership with the Sunnyside Historical Society.
- Walla Walla County Rural Library District.
- Whitman County Library, in partnership with the Pine City Historical Society.
These organizations will spend the next year digitizing historically significant materials from their own holdings, the holdings of partnering heritage organizations, and in some cases, privately held collections. Read more about each specific grant project here.
Libraries currently participating in grant-funded digitization projects this year (FY 2012) are busy wrapping up their new collections as of this writing. Look for announcements here as new projects come online.
Funds for Washington Rural Heritage are made available by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. For more information, contact Evan Robb, Project Manager, (360) 704-5228.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.